You’re scrolling through TikTok/Instagram Reel and stumble across a women showing her 10-step skin routine. The truth is- less is more. The skin is not made for layers on-top of layers of products. Over the last three years, I’ve struggled with acne (stress related/hormonal) and have had my fair share of talks with various health professionals on the matter. Here is the information I’ve gathered over a three year span.
- Use a gentle cleanser for most washes. This will reduce inflammation from added bullish**t while still removing make-up, dirt, and oil.
- Use SPF. I recommend an oil-free base so you can avoid clogged pores. This will help protect of the side effects of UV rays while reducing signs of aging.
- Rosehip Oil. Helps minimize hyperpigmentation in regards to certain scars with the help of linoleic acid. Rosehip oil is packed with Vitamin A, & C that is pivotal for skin renewal and skin cell repair.
- Toner- after washing your face; will ensure the dirt and grim is gone. Be sparing, you don’t need a lot.
- Benzoyl peroxide face wash for acne-prone skin (3x weekly). Benzoyl peroxide is considered a medical ingredient that kills bacteria on the face. Using only limited time weekly will reduce the dryness of the skin. My favourite is this trio by Neutrogena’s Rapid Clear line.
6. Lastly, take OFF your make-up everyday. Who wants clogged pores? Not us. Use an effective make-up wipe with more benefits than just one. Thursday Plantation Tea Tree Face Wipes offers many benefits from tea tree oil, witch hazel and aloe.